Readmission to the University
Graduate College Requirements
Applying for Readmission
- Students absent from the University for a regular semester or longer
without approved leave must reapply. (For information about an approved
undergraduate leave of absence, see the Leaving the
- Students who have attended other institutions and all international
students (non-immigrants), should contact the
Office of Admissions & New
Student Enrollment to reapply.
- Students who have attended other institutions since last attendance at
the University must submit official
of all courses completed
prior to review of the readmission application. Transcripts should be sent
to the Office of Admissions & New Student Enrollment.
- Students planning to enroll in a new college must obtain written
approval from the dean of that college
prior to readmission.
- Students who have previously attended the University in a non-degree
status must apply for regular admission if intending to enter a degree
program. Application should be made through the Office of Admissions & New
NOTE: Students who withdraw from the University for more than two
consecutive regular semesters (Fall, Spring) must meet degree requirements as outlined in the
Catalog in effect at their re-enrollment or during their registration.
- Students seeking readmission who were not on academic probation or under
disqualification upon departure from the University are eligible to return
upon application for readmission, if less than 12 college-level units have
been attempted at other post-secondary institutions.
- Students who have attempted 12 or more college-level units at other
post-secondary institutions must submit an official
transcript of all
course work. A minimum cumulative grade-point-average
(GPA) of 2.0 on a 4.0
scale is required for course work completed at other institutions.
Otherwise, students must obtain written permission to re-enroll from the
dean of the college in which they plan to enroll. The Office of Admissions
and New Student Enrollment will process the application for readmission
according to the written recommendation of the dean.
- Students seeking readmission who left the University on academic
probation or under disqualification must receive approval from the dean of
the college they wish to enter prior to readmission.
The last dates for receipt in the Admissions Office of all official
transcripts and application forms for readmission to the University are as
For students in good standing:
- For Fall semester: August 1
- For Spring semester: November 1
- For Summer I and II: June 1
For students who are disqualified or on probation:
- For Fall semester: June 1
- For Spring semester: October 1
- For Summer I and II: April 1
For further information contact:
Office of Admissions & New
The University of Arizona
PO Box 210040
Tucson, AZ 85721-0040
Phone: (520) 621-3237