Catalog Home Calendar Departments, Schools, Colleges Policies Courses General Education Majors Minors Search and Index Catalog Home UA Home Catalog Home

Academic Policies

Change of Major or College

Students wishing to declare a major in a different college must first receive permission from the deanís office of the college to which they wish to transfer.  Change from one college to another is initiated by filing a change of college form with the new college.

To change majors within your current college, consult with the External Link academic advisor for the new major regarding program requirements and the procedure to declare the major.  There may be restrictions on the time of the semester for declaring a major or changing colleges.  Students should contact the dean's office of the college they wish to enter for information on the optimal time to begin the new program of study.

While you explore major options, you may declare "undecided," a status available to freshmen and sophomores in University College.


Calendar | Departments | Policies | Courses | Gen Ed | Majors | Minors | Search | Home

FAQs and Comments    Updates and Corrections

The official UA Seal UA Official Seal is present at the top of each Catalog page;
the arrowExternal Link identifies links that leave the official site.

External Link Advising Contacts  Registration Info  Schedule of Classes  Student Link  UA Home

Page last updated:  October 09, 2008
Arizona Board of Regents © All rights reserved.
General Catalog
The University of Arizona External Link Office of Curriculum and Registration